I am an author-illustrator and educator, teaching courses on comics, graphic novels, drawing and illustration at the Royal Drawing School in London and running workshops for adults and children at other locations nationwide.
My comics have appeared in print in the Observer, Vogue and Myriad Edition’s groundbreaking new study of over 250 years of Women Cartoon and Comic Artists in Britain, The Inking Woman. I also write and draw for children and the first of three of my picture books will be published in Autumn 2018 by Pavilion Children’s. I am represented by Ed Wilson at the literary agency Johnson & Alcock.
I have an MA in Children’s Book Illustration from Cambridge School of Art (Anglia Ruskin) and a BA in English Literature from Cambridge University.
To see more of my work in progress and lots of pictures of my dog please follow me on instagram @emilyhaworthbooth
Awards and honours:
– Shortlisted, Laydeez Do Comics Prize 2018
– Winner, Picture This! illustration award, 2017
– Shortlisted, The Macmillan Prize for Illustration 2017
– Winner, 2013 Jonathan Cape/Observer/Comica Graphic Short Story Prize
– Runner-up, 2008 Jonathan Cape/Observer/Comica Graphic Short Story Prize
– Finalist, 2007 Nivea Funny Women Awards
– Winner, 1998 Young National Poetry Competition